728 banner ad

banner ad
220 banner ad

220 banner ad

Author Archive: fleetnewsdaily

rss feed

Rates Steady, Spot TL Freight Volumes UP

Rates Steady, Spot TL Freight Volumes UP

| April 27, 2017

The national average spot truckload rates for van, reefer, and flatbed freight held steady during the week ending April 22, while prices in many major freight markets continued a slow springtime climb according to DAT Solutions The number of available loads on DAT load boards jumped 10% compared to the previous week while capacity tightened 1.5%. Load-to-truck ratios […]

Read More

State of New York to Pay $44.4 Million to Truckers

State of New York to Pay $44.4 Million to Truckers

| April 27, 2017

The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association, which represents professional and small-business truckers, wrapped up a class action lawsuit against New York’s Department of Taxation and Finance on April 19, 2017. The state’s Supreme Court – which is the state’s trial court – ordered that New York pay a total of $44,429,473 for an unconstitutional registration and […]

Read More

Used Class 8 Truck Same Dealer Sales Close First Quarter of 2017 with Third Sequential Increase

Used Class 8 Truck Same Dealer Sales Close First Quarter of 2017 with Third Sequential Increase

| April 27, 2017

Class 8 same dealer used truck sales volumes continued to show strength in the closing month of the first quarter, increasing month-over-month with a third sequential double-digit rise, according to ACT Research. Total volumes also showed improvement in long-term comparisons, up year-over-year when compared to last March, and year-to-date compared to the first three months […]

Read More

March trailer production increases, shipments at seasonal expectations

March trailer production increases, shipments at seasonal expectations

| April 26, 2017

Facilitated by the additional build days, trailer production jumped 25% from February, the highest level since March of last year.   “Roughly 60% of the month-over-month gain came from the additional build days in the quarter-ending month, while the remaining 40% improvement came from a 94 upd sequential jump in the build rate,” said Frank […]

Read More

New Load Range for Heavier Steer Axles from Cooper Tire

New Load Range for Heavier Steer Axles from Cooper Tire

| April 26, 2017

Cooper Tire & Rubber has added a new load range to its popular Roadmaster RM180+(EM) SmartWay verified steer tire line to accommodate increasingly heavier steer axles. The RM180+(EM) is now available in load range H for tire sizes 11R22.5 and 11R24.5. The RM180+(EM) is an ideal steer tire for long haul applications. The tire features […]

Read More

Nexar Launches Machine-Vision Based Insurance Telematics Solution

Nexar Launches Machine-Vision Based Insurance Telematics Solution

| April 26, 2017

Nexar, a leader in vehicle-to-vehicle networking for preventing road collisions and enabling autonomous mobility, has announced its vision-based Telematics solution which will leverage smartphone and cameras in automobiles to decrease accidents, better price auto insurance risk, and deter fraud. Here’s why it’s so important: Insurance companies today are searching for an affordable and connected telematics […]

Read More